820 B1 Fire Rated PU Foam (straw)
Akfix 820, is a single component, moisture curing, self expanding, ready to use polyurethane foam with propellants which are completely harmless to ozone layer. It has a fire rating of up to 235 minutes in certain configurations. High quality PU straw foam recommended for sealing applications where fire resistance is required. It is designed for easy dispensing through the straw adapter included with each can.
- According to EN 1366-4 fire retardant up to 235 min – see table enclosed.
- Efficient seal against smoke and gas.
- Does not contain CFC’s and H-CFC’s.
- Excellent adhesion & filling capacity.
- Excellent mounting capacity and stability.
- High yield up to 45 liters depending on temperature and humidity.
- Excellent adhesion on most substrates (except Teflon, PE and PP).
- High filling capacity.
- High thermal & acoustical insulation value.
- After cured, it can be painted, cut, trimmed.
- No shrinkage.
- Mould and water resistant.
- Conforms to fire class B1 (DIN 4102).
All applications where fire retardant properties are required such as:
- Installation of door and window frames.
- Filling and sealing gaps, joints and cavities.
- Filling of penetrations in walls.
- Heat insulation of roof construction.
- Sealing of cable and pipe penetrations.
- Soundproofing and sealing partition walls.
- Bonding of insulation materials.
- Multi-Purpose, adhesion and fixation.